2009 HUSTAA Camping summary

houston 发表于 2009/04/24 19:31 华中科技大学校友论坛 : 休斯顿 (www.hust.org)

加跟贴 发新贴

The pictures is now on our web page: http://www.hust.org/houston/

Dear Alumni,

We have a wonderful Camping and Picnic time last weekend. There were total 14 families and 37 people joined Camping on Saturday. 6 more families came to picnic party on Sunday.

We should have 10 more families with us, but they did not make it due to the weather. Actually, the rain stopped and it was sunshine and cloudy after 3:00 pm in Somerville. It is a delighted experience when you see clear sky after driving through severe thunderstorm. While, I still fell sorry for those families that hope to join us but miss it. But do not worry, stay with HUSTAA, you will have fun next time!

I want to share with you some moments that is memorable. First, it is the Rain. My family packaged everything (for camping) into my SUV under the rain. It is not pleasant, especially when you think that you may sleep outside with your kids under the rain. I insisted and encouraged my son to go with me. I have to go, not only because I am one of the organizers, but also it could be an especial experience. Second, the dinner on Saturday. Why is it memorable? Because Liu Hong is our chef leader! We had Wonton with three different flavors (meat with JiuCai, HuiXiang, or QingCai) for our dinner; all of these vegetables are from yards. They are delicious! Third, the lunch on Sunday. We have 2 types of sandwich with ham or salmon; barbeque, and fresh fish from the lake. There also had sweet soup made of MiJiu and NianGao! Who prepared those delicious foods for us? Yiming Zhang and his wife! They bought 30 pounds of meats and dozens of bread and other things for our lunch! Also Jiahua Huang brought us full truck of equipments for camping including gas tank, oven, etc al. Fourth, the Somerville Lake and blue bonnet make us fresh. Many people fishing along the bank, and many fishes were caught. The blue bonnets are blooming! More pictures will be posted in our web site later!

Finally, I want to thank all for your support for HUSTAA, and specially thanks the following people for their effort to make our camping and picnic attractive and full of fun. Xiaomei Shi arrived in the lake in the morning on Saturday and kept informing us the weather condition, Yiming Zhang, Hong Liu, Peiheng Zhu, Jing Cheng, Yidao Cai prepared food and water for us. Thank you!!!

HUSTAA President: Jizhong Cheng

HUSTAA President-Elect: Xiaomei Shi

本主题前一文章

2009年4月18-19春季野餐与露营 Lake Somerville看德州野花 --- houston 2009/04/10 18:46 (1320 bytes)

加跟贴 发新贴校友论坛索引首页〗 〖休斯顿